|csjewell (csjewell) wrote,|
1) Does dmake work when you generate makefiles that refer to files with spaces, and is quoting required or not in that situation? Remember that Win32::GetShortPathName() may not always work - it will NOT work if shortname generation is turned off on the drive in question - which is sometimes done for speed reasons on servers.
2) Does ExtUtils::MakeMaker generate Makefiles that work when @INC has directories with spaces in it?
3) Does ExtUtils::ParseXS parse .xs files and output C files in directories with spaces?
4) Does ExtUtils::CBuilder work and do the compilation work for Module::Build with a space-containing @INC?
5) Does Module::Build work with @INC having directories with spaces in it?
6) Heck, does perl not bail out or split things wrong when you hand it a directory with spaces in @INC?
That's what I meant by "all the other modules in the toolchain" earlier.
Those will all need checked (they may work, I just don't know) - and there's probably other things I haven't mentioned - before I'm willing to support installing into directories with spaces.
Probably a good thing to check after the April releases.